- February 02, Wednesday, is the Feast of the Presentation of the Lord or popularly known as “candlemas.” To commemorate this day, we will have a solemn blessing of candles before and after the mass. Please bring candles for the blessing.
- In memory of St. Blase, a bishop and martyr who is associated with the healing of throats, we will have a Blessing of Throats within the mass on February 03, Thursday.
PROGRESS REPORT FOR THE MONTH OF December 2010
Today, being our Parish Stewardship Sunday, the following is the update on the Balik-Alay Program:
A. Summary of pledges and commitment by type of pledges as of month end.
Additional Offerors for the Month of December 2010 | Cumulative total as of December 31, 2010
Time & Talent 0 230
Treasure 32 478
B. Number of response offerors by area as of month end.
Area | Additional Offerors for the Month of November 2010 | Total Offerors as of December 31, 2010
Pansol 4 1 43
Kaingin 1 9 86
Kaingin 2 1 48
La Vista 4 49
Loyola Grand Villas 3 57
Alta Vista 0 5
Other Areas 11 90
Total 32 478
|For the month of November 2010||For the month of
|P 113,384.00||P 199,158.00|
We Praise and thank the good Lord for your generosity.
“God loves a cheerful giver” 2 corinthians 9:7
The parish always welcomes generous response of new offerors to its Balik-Alay Stewardship Program. We hope that you will respond to the invitation to live the spirituality of stewardship through your active participation in this program. Please see the parish office for inquiries.
Summary of Balik-Alay Stewardship Fund from January to December 2010
Total amount of pledges received as of year end P 1, 564, 102.25
Pansol (10%) 5, 031.50
Kaingin I (10%) 1, 612.25
Kaingin II (10%) 590.50
A. BEC General Fund (10%) 149,175.98
B. Administrative expenses 91,693.08
Balance P 1, 315,998.94
After deducting (a) 10% for the BEC Evangelization Fund, and (b) the administrative expenses for the Balik-Alay Stewardship Program, the balance shall be allocated as follows:
1. SMDS Pro-poor Development fund (30%) 394,799.68
Landas ng Karunungan (LNK)
Landas ng Paglilingkod (LNP)
Health (Dental & Medical Program)
Helping Hands Program
2. SMDS Other Ministry Fund (30%) 394,799.68
Family and Life
3. SMDS Sustenance Fund (25%) 328,999.73
4. SMDS Employees’ Welfare Fund (5%) 65,799.95
5. SMDS Savings Fund (5%) 65,799.95
6. Diocesan Catechetical Fund (5%) 65,799.95
1. There will be a continuation of the talks on Marital and Parenting Skills on January 22, 2011, Saturday, 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
All married couples are invited to attend this 3-hour talk. Topic will be: ROLE RELATIONSHIPS
This is the 4th talk in a series of 10 talks being given by CEFAM (Center for Family Ministry). The first three talks had already been given.
2. The Missionaries of the Poor, a Religious Institute of Brothers and Priests, will be having a musical concert at the Meralco Theatre, Ortigas Avenue, Pasig City on February 18 at 8 PM and February 19, 2011 at 3PM and 8PM. The proceeds from this concert will be used to construct a home in San Andres (Bukid), Metro Manila, to care for the homeless and disabled children and elderly. Tickets for the concert are available at the entrance of the church. Please support their ministry among the poor and the abandoned. God bless you all.
1. Ang lahat ng mag-asawa ay inaanyayahan sa Sabado, Enero 22, 2011, sa ganap na ika-siyam hanggang ikalabing-dalawa ng umaga, na makinig sa paksa tungkol sa “Mga Inaasahan ng Mag-asawa sa Isa’t-isa.” Ito ay gaganapin sa Lingkod Center ng ating parokya.
Ito po ay ang pagpapatuloy ng sampung sesyon ng mga usapan tungkol sa buhay ng mag-asawa at pagiging magulang na ibibigay ng CEFAM (Center for Family Ministry).
There will be a continuation of the talks on Marital and Parenting Skills on January 15 and January 22, 2011, Saturdays, 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
All couples are invited to attend this 3-hour talk. Topics will be:
January 15 Maturity for Marriage
January 22 Role Expectations
This will be the 3rd and 4th talks in the 10 series of talks being given by CEFAM (Center for Family Ministry). The first two talks had already been given last November.
Ang lahat ng mag-asawa ay inaanyayahan sa dalawang magkasunod na Sabado, Enero 15 at 22, 2011, sa ganap na ika-siyam hanggang ikalabing-dalawa ng umaga:
Ang mga paksa ng usapan ay ang mga sumusunod:
Enero 15 - Paghahanda sa Buhay Mag-Asawa
Enero 22 – Mga Inaasahan ng Mag-Asawa sa Isa’t-Isa
Ito po ang pagpapatuloy ng sampung sesyon ng mga usapan tungkol sa buhay ng mag-asawa at pagiging magulang na ibibigay ng CEFAM (Center for Family Ministry).